Information for Buyers
Buying a home is an exciting time in one’s life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meet your needs. My services and experience range from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you’ll come to understand why.
"Drew Butler has helped us for the last 7 years with both buying and selling properties on Hilton Head. He has helped us find the right properties for both our own personal use and as investments. Drew has always taken the time to show us many potential properties and has walked us through the buying and selling processes. He is honest and professional and has many contacts on the island that make home buying and selling less stressful. I have recommended Drew and his team to many other friends and family and will continue to work with him in the future should the need arise." - Sammie and Janine Azzouz
As Your Agent, I Will:
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.